This ERAS Hot Topic message will cover information about adding and confirming Letter of Recommendation (LoR) entries in the MyERAS application.
To add Letters of Recommendation to their MyERAS application, your students must create a separate LoR entry for each letter they intend to use for the application season. Each entry can contain an Author Name, Author Title/Department, Specialty of the letter (if any), Program Director/Department Chair designation, and waive right to view selection. To add a LoR entry:
- Select the ‘Documents’ tab in the purple bar at the top of the page and select ‘Letters of Recommendation’
- Select ‘Add New’
- Fill out the form and select ‘Save’
Once they have successfully added the LoR entry, your students must confirm that entry before an associated Letter ID and Letter Request form can be generated.
Please note: Once confirmed, they will no longer be able to edit or delete that entry. If they have made an error after confirming the entry, they must create a new one.
To add and confirm LoRs:
- Check the appropriate box or boxes for the LoRs they intend to confirm
- Click the green ‘Confirm’ button located in the top right hand corner of the page
- Enter your MyERAS password
- Once the LoR status has been changed to ‘Confirmed for Upload,’ a Letter ID will be generated and the ‘Print Letter Request Form’ and ‘E-mail Letter Request Form’ options will become available under the ‘Actions’ column
Thank you for using EMSWP ERAS. We will continue to deliver helpful tips and news.
ERAS Support Services at ECFMG